It should only be used as a last resort, but a good catch all for any bugs you might be experiencing is restoring the device to factory defaults. This erases everything on the device and installs the firmware fresh again.
- In your preferred browser, navigate to http://www.lezyne.com/
- At the top of the main page, there are six headers: Products, Athletes, Blog, Tech Support, Purchase, and GPS. Under GPS, select Update GPS Unit.
- Just below the image of our current devices are the links to the Mac updater and the Windows updater for Y10 and newer devices. Click the appropriate link for your system.
- There are a number of ways your operating system and your browser might handle the download. Make sure that the updater file is downloaded and saved to your computer. Then, run the updater.
- Plug in your GPS device using your Lezyne micro USB cable. If you use another cable, it has to be a data micro USB cable, or it will only charge the device.
- Go into the pull-down menu. On Windows, the firmware updater has the pull-down menu in the upper right hand corner where it says Lezyne Gps Firmware Programmer.
On a Mac, the pull-down menu is next to the Apple icon in the upper right corner of your screen where it says Lezyne-Firmware-Programmer.
- Select Restore device to factory defaults.
- Note: this will erase everything from the device, including firmware, settings, and rides, and then re-install the firmware. If you don't want to lose your settings or your odometer mileage, cut and paste the Settings folder and the Totals folder from the device to your desktop. When you're done restoring the device, cut and paste the two folders from your desktop back to the Lezyne folder on the device.