One of the features our GPS devices possess is the ability to connect them to both iPhones and most Android phones via Bluetooth. This allows you to receive phone notifications, upload your ride to the Lezyne Root site, and change your device settings.
NOTE: the Macro Easy is designed to be a simplified device and does NOT connect to the app.
Sometimes with software updates to your phone, or updates to the Bluetooth software on the GPS, the Phone/GPS connection may need to be reset.
If you have connection troubles and need to reset the connection, perform this procedure exactly as shown:
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth or Settings menu (please double check!).
- Go to the GPS device Main Menu > Phone > Reset. Make sure it says "Success".
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Turn the GPS off and on again.
- Start the pairing process with the GPS device: Main Menu > Phone > iPhone or Android.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
If your devices fail to reconnect, or you still have other issues, please submit a request for help. There are more advanced procedures that may be required. Also include the following information, along with a description of how your GPS is behaving:
- On your GPS device, go to: Main Menu -> Info -> Firmware. What version is shown?
- On your GPS device, go to: Main Menu -> Info -> BluetoothLE. What version is shown?
- What model phone and operating system version are you using?
- What version of the Ally+ app are you using (shown at the top of the SUPPORT section)?
Note: Battery optimization and/or power saving features on Huawei handhelds may affect full functionality between Lezyne GPS devices and the Lezyne Ally app. If you are experiencing issues with pairing and/or other Bluetooth related features, please go into your phone's battery settings and turn off power saving or optimizing features that could interrupt the Bluetooth connection or put the Ally app to sleep.