Sometimes with software updates to your phone, or updates to the Bluetooth software on the GPS, the Phone/GPS connection may need to be reset.
You can look here if you need help Connecting Your Phone and GPS Device for the first time.
If you have connection troubles and need to reset the connection, perform this procedure exactly as shown:
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth or Settings menu (please double check!).
- Go to the GPS device Main Menu > Phone > Reset. Make sure it says "Success".
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Turn the GPS off and on again.
- Start the pairing process with the GPS device: Main Menu > Phone > iPhone or Android.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
If your devices fail to reconnect, or you still have other issues, please submit a request for help. There are more advanced procedures that may be required. Also, please include the following information, along with a thorough description of how your GPS is behaving:
- On your GPS device, go to: Main Menu -> Info -> Firmware. What version is shown?
- On your GPS device, go to: Main Menu -> Info -> BluetoothLE. What version is shown?
- What model phone and operating system version are you using?
- What version of the Ally+ app are you using (shown at the top of the SUPPORT section)?
We look forward to getting you back rolling!