There are a number of reasons one might need to force an update, and it's always advised to force update after updating with Bootloader Mode. The steps below will walk you through this process.
Note: Forcing an update is only an option in the Y10 and newer device updaters.
- In your preferred browser, navigate to http://www.lezyne.com/
- At the top of the main page, there are six headers: Products, Athletes, Blog, Support, Pro Shops, and GPS Root.
- Hover over Support and select Update GPS Unit.
- You will see links to the Mac Updater and the Windows Updater for Y10 and newer devices. Click the appropriate link for your system.
- There are a number of ways your operating system and your browser might handle the download. Make sure that the updater file is downloaded and saved to your computer. Then, run the updater.
- Plug in your GPS device using your Lezyne micro USB cable. If you use another cable, it has to be a data micro USB cable, or it will only charge the device.
- Go to the pull-down menu. On Windows, the firmware updater has the pull-down menu in the upper right-hand corner where it says Lezyne Gps Firmware Programmer.
On a Mac, the pull-down menu is next to the Apple icon in the upper right corner of your screen where it says Lezyne-Firmware-Programmer.
- Select Force update.