We are always working to improve our GPS devices. This includes adding features, increasing sensor compatibility, adjusting to rapidly changing phones, and ironing out bugs as they present themselves. You can expect small updates every one to two months, and major updates three or four times per year.
The process for updating your device is fairly straight forward. You will need a desktop or laptop computer to complete the update. Currently, Windows 7, Windows 10, or Mac OS X 10.8 and above are the only supported operating systems. I'll go over the process step-by-step here. If you prefer a video, you can find one at the bottom of this article.
Note: It is always a good idea to copy your Settings and Totals folders from your GPS device to your desktop, as some updates can erase your personal settings and odometer mileage.
- In your preferred browser, navigate to http://www.lezyne.com/
- At the top of the main page, there are six headers: Products, Athletes, Blog, Tech Support, Purchase, and GPS. Under GPS, select Update GPS Unit.
- Just below the image of our current devices are the links to the Mac updater and the Windows updater for Y10 and newer devices. Click the appropriate link for your system.
- There are a number of ways your operating system and your browser might handle the download. Make sure that the updater file is downloaded and saved to your computer. Then, run the updater.
- Plug in your GPS device using your Lezyne micro USB cable. If you use another cable, it has to be a data micro USB cable, or it will only charge the device.
- Once the device is connected, the updater will read the current firmware version on the device and display it...
...and show you the version that it will update you to...
- Note: At this point, I always encourage people to go find something else to do. Unplugging the device during the update can cause issues from which the device is not easily recovered. To avoid having to send it back to us for repair, make yourself a cup of coffee or a sandwich and return to find the update completed.
- When it is complete, it will state Latest software is installed on device. Click OK.
- If you are on a Windows machine, you can unplug it now. If you are on a Macintosh, eject the Lezyne disk and then unplug it.
Note: You may need to repair your phone and revisit your notification settings after a firmware update.
As promised, here is the video showing the process as well: