One of the features our GPS devices possess is the ability to connect them to both iPhones and most Android phones via Bluetooth. This allows you to receive phone notifications, upload your ride to the Lezyne Root site, and change your device settings.
NOTE: the Macro Easy is designed to be a simplified device and does NOT connect to the app.
Occasionally, the phone and the GPS device might lose their connection. Some of those reasons include, but are not limited to...
- Bluetooth updates to the GPS device that only require you to re-pair
- Changes to your phone's operating system from the phone manufacturer
- An issue with the app that we need to address internally
- The Bluetooth stack on the phone crashing
Before contacting customer service, please try these steps:
- Un-install the app from your phone.
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- Go to the GPS device Menu > Phone > Reset. Make sure it says "Success".
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Turn the GPS off and on again.
- Re-install the app.
- Start the pairing process with the GPS device. GPS Menu > Phone > iPhone or Android.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
If that still doesn't help, you can try it again, but this time restore the GPS device to factory defaults in between steps 4 and 5.
Note: Battery optimization and/or power saving features on Huawei handhelds may affect full functionality between Lezyne GPS devices and the Lezyne Ally app. If you are experiencing issues with pairing and/or other Bluetooth related features, please go into your phone's battery settings and turn off power saving or optimizing features that could interrupt the Bluetooth connection or put the Ally app to sleep.