One of the great features all of our GPS devices possess (with the exception of the Y9 Mini) is the ability to connect them to both iPhones and most Android phones via Bluetooth. This gives you the ability to receive text and phone notifications, upload your ride to the Lezyne Root site, and change your device's settings from your phone.
Occasionally, for a number of reasons, the phone and the GPS device might lose their connection. Some of those reasons include, but are not limited to, the Bluetooth stack on the phone crashing, Bluetooth being updated on the device during a firmware update, or something in the architecture of the app that we need to address.
Before contacting customer service, please try this:
- Un-install the app from your phone.
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- Go into the phone pairing menu on your GPS device and select “reset.”
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Re-install the app.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
Additionally, here's a video that goes over the pairing process.