If your gauge is not holding pressure, reading poorly, has been damaged, or you would like to upgrade to a digital readout, we offer a number of different gauge replacement options on our website. Each is specific to a pump model and base size. We offer the following replacement gauges:
NOTE: Older 160 PSI 2.5" High Pressure gauges have been superseded by the 220 PSI 2.5" High Pressure gauge. The pump is rated for this increased pressure.
The installation is fairly straight forward, but it usually requires destroying the old gauge to remove it. The gauge threads in, but to get enough purchase to back it out you'll have to remove the lens on the gauge. The process is illustrated in this video:
Other things to note are...
- Most of our revised gauges no longer have the black ring Zak points out in the video, so you may not see that.
- If you're removing a digital gauge, you can just take the battery cover off to get purchase.
- A 3.5" high-pressure gauge is the same process. You just pop the lens off and bend the dial up to get a good grip on it.
- If the tip of the old gauge breaks off in the base, you can tap a 1/4" flathead screwdriver into the remaining tip with a hammer, and then gently unscrew it from the base.
- If you need to chase the threads in the base, you will need a M8 x 0.75 tap on the 2.5" HP, HV, Travel, and digital gauges. The 3.5" gauges require a M12 x 1.0 tap.
If you have any other questions, please submit a request for help to our Support Team.