Sometimes with software updates to your phone, or updates to the Bluetooth software on the GPS, the Phone/GPS connection may need to be reset.
If you have connection troubles and need to reset the connection, perform this procedure exactly as shown:
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth or Settings menu (please double check!).
- Go to the GPS device Main Menu > Phone > Reset. Make sure it says "Success".
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Turn the GPS off and on again.
- Start the pairing process with the GPS device: Main Menu > Phone > iPhone or Android.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
If your devices fail to reconnect, or you still have other issues, please submit a request for help. There are more advanced procedures that may be required. Also include the following information, along with a description of how your GPS is behaving:
- If you go to your device Main Menu > Info > Firmware, what version is shown?
- If you go to your device Main Menu > Info > BluetoothLE, what version is shown?
- What model phone and phone operating system version are you using?
- What version of the Ally V2 app are you using (shown at the top of the SUPPORT section)?
We look forward to getting you back rolling!