You have two options for downloading a map to your device. If you're not near a computer and have a data connection on your phone, you can go through the app. The second option is going through the Lezyne GPS Root website. This can be faster, but it requires a USB connection to your computer.
Downloading a map through the phone
- Download the Lezyne Ally v2 app for your phone.
- Use the account you've already created on the Lezyne GPS Root site, or create an account if you haven't already.
- Pair your GPS device with your Phone.
- Select Navigation/Navigate.
- In the Android app, select the three dots in the upper right corner. In the iPhone app, select the small cog in the upper left corner.
- Select Offline Maps.
- Toggle Offline Routing Preferred to on.
- Select Download Map.
- Drag and zoom-in/zoom-out to designate the space you'd like to download.
- Note: The time it takes to generate and download the map can increase exponentially depending on the size of the area and the density of the roads in the area. It may be easier to create several smaller maps and avoid unnecessary areas that you've no intention of riding.
- Select Download. The app will generate your map file. This can take several minutes.
- Once the app is done generating the file, you will see the map file appear in your list of maps. To the right, there will be an option to send the file to the GPS device. Select that. This transfer can take between 2 and 15 minutes depending on file size.
- Once that transfer is complete, you will be able to see the map on the mapping screen on your device (as long as you're in the area and the device has a GPS signal).
Downloading a map through the website
- Navigate to the Lezyne GPS Root site.
- Use the account you've already created for your GPS Ally v2 app, or create an account if necessary.
- The initial page you land on is the Dashboard. At the top of the page is the heading Device Features. Under that, select Offline Maps.
- Once there, you'll see a red, translucent square over a Google Maps window designating your new map area. Clicking and dragging the red hand in the middle of the square moves the square around the map, or clicking outside of the square will re-center it on the spot you click.
- Dragging the corners of the square around will change the shape and area that's selected.
- Note: Because this will be transferred through a Micro USB cable, size of the file is less of a limitation.
- Once you've selected your desired map, select Click to create offline map file. Again, the size of the area selected and the density of the roads in that area will affect the time it takes to generate your file.
- Once it is done generating the file, a download button will appear under the Google Map window along with instructions. Select Download. This will download the map file to wherever you've designated your downloads to go on your computer.
Connect your Mega GPS to the computer.
Copy the map file from your computer folder to the Mega GPS device's folder called Maps.
- Once that transfer is complete, you will be able to see the map on the mapping screen on your device (as long as you're within the area of the map and the device has a GPS signal).