One of the features our GPS devices possess (with the exception of the Y9 Mini) is the ability to connect them to both iPhones and most Android phones via Bluetooth. This allows you to receive phone notifications, upload your ride to the Lezyne Root site, and change your device settings.
Occasionally, the phone and the GPS device might lose their connection. Some of those reasons include, but are not limited to...
- Bluetooth updates to the GPS device that only require you to re-pair
- Changes to you phone's operating system from the phone manufacturer
- An issue with the app that we need to address internally
- The Bluetooth stack on the phone crashing
Before contacting customer service, please try these steps:
- Un-install the app from your phone.
- Forget the GPS device in your phone’s Bluetooth menu.
- Go into the phone pairing menu on your GPS device and select “reset.”
- Turn the phone off and on again.
- Re-install the app.
- Re-pair through the app (not your phone’s Bluetooth menu).
If that still doesn't help, you can try it again, but this time restore the GPS device to factory defaults in between steps 4 and 5.
Additionally, here's a video that goes over the pairing process.